Monday, April 21, 2014

F.A.S.T.I.N.G.



Given my recent test results that included some elevated liver enzymes (these enzymes have been high for 1 year now), I thought it was best to cleanse my body. I also have a vitamin B12 and D deficiency that is commonly found in those who are overweight and have celiac disease. So, I have decided to fast to attempt to shrink my liver and hopefully begin the process of getting those enzymes back in the normal range. I have also read that a liquid diet is good for cleansing the digestive system and giving it the rest it needs while it resets itself. My liver enzymes became elevated right after I had a pretty major foot/ankle surgery. However, I did gain a good bit of weight while I was recovering. So, the chances are is that this is fatty liver disease and hopefully not a liver disease that was caused by pain medication or some other type of reason. I do not drink regularly and when I do it is (1) drink with dinner maybe 6 times per year. I am currently on no medication at all other than my daily/weekly vitamin regimen.

So, this week I will take a multi-vitamin, my 1 x per week vitamin D (prescription), and I will go get a B12 injection.

I am currently tracking caloric intake (points) on the weight watchers program. I get 38 points per day on a normal day. My current weight is 242 and I am 5'7. My BMI is 37.9 and puts me in the obesity category. I probably will not meet my target points goal due to the fast at this time. But once I decide I have done the fasting process enough I will meet those points goal and follow the program as it should be followed.

Exercise regimen: The goal is to move 30 minutes per day at a minimum. I plan to walk and try this new exercise video I found: http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/videos-detail.asp?video=28#_a5y_p=1516447

Other forms of activity I like that are easy on my joints are swimming and riding the bicycle.

Right now I am essentially pretending that I am going to have lap band surgery. I am at the point where I would qualify to do so, but I have to admit that idea scares me to death. Obesity has been a big problem within my family and still is. I would love to show myself and the world that this cycle could be broken without the use of a surgery or any kind of other assistance.

Each day, I will post about how the process is coming along and address the F.A.S.T.I.N.G. acronym. I also have homework to do in the "Made to Crave" book.

Later today, I will post pictures and stats of my measurements so that I can track my progress in more ways that just a number on the scale.

If you want to do the fast this is what I am allowing myself to have (Gluten Free):

water, unsweet black tea, green tea, sugar free jello, broth, sugar free popsicles (you can have protein powder-it's just that most of it contains wheat that I can't have. Organic 1% milk

I plan to try this fast for (3) days at a time and then make a decision from there as to how much longer to go on. The main issue is to get all of this garbage out of my system, shrink my stomach and liver, and just focus on my faith in God versus turning to food or other things for comfort.


If you stumble upon this site, I encourage you to join me and support me in this journey. Negativity and hateful messages will not be tolerated and will be deleted immediately.








No comments:

Post a Comment